Download everything from the project homepage at
Download the former Wiki documentation from here.
Our open source project LunaRCP provides very useful plug-ins to
significantly ease the development of Eclipse RCP (Rich Client Platform)
applications. It covers a broad range of RCP topics, e.g. application
startup, file operations, jobs API, SWT/JFace, database integration using
LunaRCP has its roots in our project Pace & Pace!
The problems we encountered developing this Eclipse RCP application resulted in
very useful solutions - which in succession have been extracted into a generally
usable project for developing Eclipse RCP applications called LunaRCP.
Our purpose is to make your life a bit more easy by providing this project
under the LGPL license,
so that it may also be deployed in commercially developed environments.
- Use Hibernate and HSQLDB as persistence solution for your entities that are distributed over several plug-ins.
- Open non-file-based editors that are unknown to the rest of your Eclipse RCP application.
- Plug-in modules that should be initialized in certain sequence when starting your Eclipse RCP application.
- Use Log4J in your Eclipse RCP application instead of the framework´s error logging.
- Create a navigator tree view.
- Create nested JFace wizards.
- Use JFace utilities for very common tasks.
- Easily manage and use your application´s icons and images (simple handling of icons and images / advanced icon handling using icon sets).
- Provide tooltips for SWT elements, e.g. tree items, optional with icons.
- Advanced internationalization handling.
- Use common utility classes for very common tasks.
- Launch external applications.
- Use XML utilities for very common tasks related to XML.
Get LunaRCP from SourceForge.
LunaRCP contains software that is licensed under the following conditions:
Please note that all licenses may contain a limitation of liability.
- Apache License Version 2.0,
- BSD License / BSD Style License (ANTLR License, dom4j License, HSQLDB License),
- Eclipse Public License v1.0,
- MIT License (SLF4J License),
- Copyright by Sun Microsystems, Inc. (ejb3-persistence.txt, JTA Copyright, JTA Distribution ReadMe, JTA Entitlement).
The following plug-ins are using the licenses:
This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.
Open Source Software Archives
You may download the source code of the following open source software packages directly from the DigitalCure homepage: